Live After Warping by Liz Gipson ~ DVD
The rigid-heddle loom is simple to warp, portable, and ideal for making cloth fast! With her “Weave more and fuss less” philosophy, Liz Gipson will show you the fun you can have making cloth for everything from scarves and towels to blankets, and even garments.
In this weaving workshop, Liz will show you:
- How to choose the right shuttles and other weaving tools
- How to set up for comfortable weaving
- Weaving techniques for tidy selvedges and neat color transitions
- Easy ways to handle broken warp threads or tension problems
- Finishing techniques, from hemstitching to fringe
- How to wet-finish your fabric
Liz Gipson loves simple weaves with fancy finishes. She is the founder of Yarnworker, a source for rigid-heddle patterns and know-how, the author of Weaving Made Easy (Interweave, 2008) and the star of Slots and Holes: 3 Ways to Warp Your Rigid-Heddle Loom (Interweave, 2011). She has served as Managing Editor of Handwoven and SpinOff magazines. A veteran of DIY television, she lives in Fort Collins, Colorado.