Weaving Log Cabin
What is log cabin? Log cabin is a specific kind of color-and-weave effect that involves two or more colors. The horizontal (warp yarns) and vertical (weft yarns) are what produce this weave structure.
There seems to be so much more going on than just plain weave, but truly it's that easy! You just weave one row at a time, changing weft colors as you go.
We guarantee that this color and weave structure will get you excited about weaving on your rigid heddle loom!
Magic truly appears right before your eyes!
Ok, now that I've talked about how much fun it is to weave a log cabin design, we are ready to get started!
- Read my blog ~ Weaving Log Cabin! It's easier than it looks!
- Gather your supplies ~ You will need two colors of yarn, a light and a dark. We've supplied a pattern in the blog for inspiration, but we would love to see your own unique designs. Our goal is to see as many different log cabin designs as possible.
- You can use any yarns you have on hand, or we have this project available as a kit if you'd like to weave the Stonewash Log Cabin Runners/Placemats shown in the blog.
- Join our Cotton Clouds Rigid Heddle Weaving Group on Facebook so that we can share our questions, pictures and accomplishments.
- Let's get our looms warped and weave together! I'm here for you every step of the way!
We can't wait to see all of your beautiful log cabin creations!Jodi Ybarra